I love the quote, "There are shortcuts to happiness, dancing is one of them".
Sure, there may be many paths to happiness... but why not take the shortcut and just DANCE, right!?!?
My sentiments exactly!
Many studio owners would agree with me on this quote but might not be as open to the idea that there are short-cuts to dance studio success as well.
That doesn't make it any less true.
First we need to define "dance studio success".
For me, this is any dance...
"She's going to take a break from dance".
Those are some of the most heartbreaking words a studio owner can hear.
Not only does it represent the loss of a student from our dance family, someone we've enjoyed seeing in class week after week, but it represents a loss of potential.
Potential for what could have been.
- Milestones never reached.
- Technical skills never developed.
- Recitals that were never danced in.
- Student friendships that will never...
What are your studio goals?
- Do you want to grow your student count?
- Do you want to make more money for your family?
- Do you want to share your passion with more students?
- Do you want to make more money so you can contribute to your community and causes that are important to you?
- Do you want to be able to hire more staff to lighten your work load?
No matter what your goals are, reaching them usually comes down to either attracting more students or generating more profit (or both!).
Whether you’re new to the dance world, or you’re a veteran dance studio owner, you will have probably come across the saying “the place they start is the place they stay”.
What this simply means is that if a child starts at your dance studio when they are young, they are most likely to stick with your studio for life.
The reason why this is so important is because it can mean real exponential growth for your dance business.
This is how it works:
Many children are ready...